Ugly fonts with thunderbird under gnome.

Dear all,

I just installed a fresh testing on a second hand computer bought in
Akihabara; everything went fine and it looked good when I tested it in
french.

Then I changed the language to japanese in GDM and opened a new session
on a new account for a japanese user. It also looked good until we tried
to use thunderbird. The fonts were surprisingly big and ugly.

I think that it reminds me the old behaviour of firefox, when it was
picking the most ugly romaji font whenever the text was encoded in
shift_jis or something similar. However, I did not build anything but
unicode locales...

Did anybody experience something similar on his Debian installation? I
would really be happy to provide to the person for whom I created this
account an environment which is nice to see.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
http://charles.plessy.org