Re: Japanese input

> I tried running 'uim-toolbar-gtk-systray' from the command line, but I
> don't see anything happening (i.e., something in the tray, etc.).  It'd
> be nice to get some indication (somewhere) that I've entered Japanese
> input mode.

You should see an 'a', and when you switch into Japanese it should change to
’あ’. Running the GTK systray has issues here, for instance when activate UIM;
Instead of doing as I described.. it disappears. Maybe it doesn't like
running in the KDE system tray? Have you tried the standalone GTK switcher?

After reinstalling my laptop (don't buy anything made by Fujitsu-Siemens..) I
noticed that SCIM/m17n actually comes with a setup script to configure your X
environment. So, If all else fails you could try SCIM again. ^_^

Cheers,

Daniel