Re: Wnn for Emacs

OK, it works. Thank you very much for your great help.

Cheers,

Wen

From: Tomohiro KUBOTA <kubota@surfchem0.riken.go.jp>
Subject: Re: Wnn for Emacs
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2000 20:10:30 +0900

kubota> Hi,
kubota>
kubota> From: gcwen@a5.shes.net
kubota> Subject: Wnn for Emacs
kubota> Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2000 12:58:04 +0900 (JST)
kubota>
kubota> > Hello,
kubota> > I was using Wnn4.2 to input Japanese on Emacs20.3/Mule4.0 in Slink.
kubota> > But after I upgraded Emacs20.3 to Emacs20.7, Wnn does not work on
kubota> > Emacs any more. When Ctrl-\ always SKK start up in Emacs even though
kubota> > freewnn-jserver was started.
kubota> > The following packages related to Emacs in potato was install in
kubota> > my Slink box.
kubota>
kubota> Try 'user-ja' package.  Install it and invoke 'user-ja-conf'
kubota> Then you will be asked which input system to be used.  And more,
kubota> you will be asked whether each dot-file will be modified or not.
kubota> Answer 'yes' for '.emacs'.
kubota>
kubota> Note that messages 'user-ja-conf' outputs are in Japanese because
kubota> it is intended to be used by Japanese speakers.  It does not use
kubota> locale mechanism (to select language for messages, like gettext)
kubota> because it may be used before locale settings or be used by novice
kubota> users who don't know about LANG settings.
kubota>
kubota> You also can use 'language-env' package for woody, the successor to
kubota> 'user-ja' package.
kubota>
kubota> ---
kubota> Tomohiro KUBOTA <kubota@debian.org>