Re: Wnn for Emacs

Hi,

From: gcwen@a5.shes.net
Subject: Wnn for Emacs
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2000 12:58:04 +0900 (JST)

> Hello,
> I was using Wnn4.2 to input Japanese on Emacs20.3/Mule4.0 in Slink.
> But after I upgraded Emacs20.3 to Emacs20.7, Wnn does not work on
> Emacs any more. When Ctrl-\ always SKK start up in Emacs even though
> freewnn-jserver was started.
> The following packages related to Emacs in potato was install in
> my Slink box.

Try 'user-ja' package.  Install it and invoke 'user-ja-conf'
Then you will be asked which input system to be used.  And more,
you will be asked whether each dot-file will be modified or not.
Answer 'yes' for '.emacs'.

Note that messages 'user-ja-conf' outputs are in Japanese because
it is intended to be used by Japanese speakers.  It does not use
locale mechanism (to select language for messages, like gettext)
because it may be used before locale settings or be used by novice
users who don't know about LANG settings.

You also can use 'language-env' package for woody, the successor to
'user-ja' package.

---
Tomohiro KUBOTA <kubota@debian.org>
http://surfchem0.riken.go.jp/~kubota/