Re: riconoscimento hardware

On Fri, Dec 01, 2000 at 12:28:36PM +0100, a.maurizi@isao.bo.cnr.it wrote:
> 	mi fa drizzare i capelli, che pero` e` in grado di riconoscere
> 	hardware ISA senza problemi ... cosi` come Winsdozz(?).
> 	E` vero o ho sognato?

NON lo conosco, ma l'ho appena visto nominato (in un contesto linux i386
NON debian):

if you want to collect most of the hardware info in a readable form, you
might consider hinv (hardware inventory), ported to linux as a little
perl script.

it is available at http://reality.sgi.com/raju/software.html

In debian invece puoi fare
apt-get install hwtools
less /usr/doc/hwtools/README.scanport

Scanport is a quick little hack that scans i/o space from 0x100 to 0x3ff
looking for installed ISA devices.

I wrote this because I get quite a few e-mails from people asking how to
"find" their ethernet card when they don't have jumper setting
documentation or some such similar situation.

	        Reading i/o ports of unknown hardware devices can be risky
	        in that it may cause your machine to lock up.

(eccetera)