problem booting from with rootfs on RAID/LVM

Dear list,

We recently installed Debian/wheezy on a new server [1]. After upgrading to jessie and installing newer kernels we discovered that the machine cannot be booted anymore because the RAID is never assembled.

So far we tried various suggestions that came in on debian-users [2], but nothing worked so far. Even upgrading to kernel 3.11 (linux-image-3.11-1-amd64) resulted in the same behavior.

Now I downgraded to wheezy and tried installing new kernels: still the same thing. Now RAID. The only thing working is kernel 3.2.

I would love to get a pointer on /where/ to start investigating this problem. We intend to use btrfs on this machine and thus /need/ a kernel more recent than 3.2.

[1]  http://ark.intel.com/products/56256
[2]  http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2013/10/msg01035.html

Regards!
--