Re: problem booting from with rootfs on RAID/LVM

On 23.10.13 11:23, Jogi Hofmüller wrote:
We recently installed Debian/wheezy on a new server [1]. After upgrading to jessie and installing newer kernels we discovered that the machine cannot be booted anymore because the RAID is never assembled.

why is it never assembled?

I've had similar problem with root on RAID (no LVM), because RAID modules
were loaded prior to disks being detected. I have fixed this by using kernel
option "scsi_mod.scan=sync".

Honk if you love peace and quiet.