Re: linux-image-3.10-3-amd64 unbootable: /dev/disk/by-uuid not created

Hi jesse,

Am 2013-10-18 10:35, schrieb Jesse Molina:

> As previously noted, this was a bug in mdadm and has already been fixed
> in the current version.  Just update your mdadm package and then
> re-build your initramfs file with the "update-initramfs" command.  Be
> sure to read the manpage for that command.  Probably "update-initramfs
> -u" alone will fix your problem.

Thanks for the hint.  Read the bugreport before and figured it is not
relevant since we are using mdadm 3.2.5 which is supposed to be working.
 Still, did the upgrade to 3.3-2:  no change.

BTW:  all this happens on an Intel Serverbarebone (RZ1208GZ4GC) with
SATA drives on C600/X79 series chipset SATA controler.

A similar machine with Series/C200 Series Chipset SATA controler boots
just fine with the same setup (linux-image-3.10-3-amd64 and mdadm 3.2.5).

Does anyone have experience with Intel Serverbarebones?  I figure it has
something to do with the SATA controler ...

Cheers,
--
j.hofmüller

mur.sat -- a space art project                        http://sat.mur.at/