Re: [OT] CPU Cooler for 1U (AMD Athlon XP 3000+)

Damn, sometimes I read too fast...

I think, 1U can be problematic - maybe some big vent hole for bigger cooler?

Or... recombine other (1U) cooler. Personally, I would try with AM2 -
maybe it match with K7 without modifications.

In some cases (too big cooler), is necessary to resolder some capacitors
in other place(solder plice or on SHORT wires - with glue when it
fly..)/position(for ex. horizontally instead of vertically). Anyway,
think over before You do that, and remember to check capacitor
polarization.

In case of capacitor replace (new instead of old one), use 85C or low
esr - second thing is better but is more difficult to buy (certainly in
Poland) - it can be take from some other device, but better when is not
older than 3-4 years and cannot be NOT used more than half of year -
monthly not used (new and old) electrolytic capacitor can work "bad",
especially on some first hours or some days. In rare cases, tantalum
will be good or very good.

--
Norbert Kiszka
aka norbert_ramzes, ramzes