Re: please don't top-post

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 02:09:23PM +0200, Leonardo Boselli wrote:
> This is one reason for which in some cases top posting is better.

no, it's not. top-posting is NEVER better, NEVER acceptable.

> on weekend i was writing from the cellphone that does not have a way
> to remove text except a character at once.

in that case, don't let your phone quote messages at all when replying
- just write your message. otherwise you're punishing all other readers
for your phone's limitations.

> so it would need too much time to doing edit.

this is just another variant of the "i'm too lazy to edit" excuse. your
convenience is not worth annoying everyone else on the list.

> also, usually, one read one page at once, if one found a page full
> of commented line has no way to see at a glance what is the message
> saying "me too" at the end is frustrating).

bottom-posting is almost as annoying as top-posting. it is also
something that should never be done.

craig

--
craig sanders <cas@taz.net.au>