Re: Web file manager suggestion needed

Am 2009-09-22 13:48:16, schrieb Thomas Goirand:
> Hi,
>
> Because uploading thousands of files by FTP is both slow and stupid,

You are stupid, because you  can  not  upload  thousands  using  a  sick
webinterface. There are Windows AND Linux tools which allow up/downloads
to and from FTP-Servers within  the filemanager.

> plus quick edition of files is very nice,

Any GuiFTP Programs can edit files...

> I am willing to integrate a web file manager for our user to be able to:
> - see directories
> - extract or build tar.gz files
> - quick edit html or text content
> - etc.
>
> The issue is that there are tones of them available on the web, and I
> have no idea which one to choose.

Thats YOUR problem.  And of course, they are all sick and slow.

> To be able to package it in Debian, I need (these are strictly REQUIRED,
> a project that doesn't have it is not a candidate):
> - DSFG free

Maybe...

> - identified and active upstream author that I can communicate with

ROTFL

> - Good security history

Will never happen...

> - Widely used and tested

Impossibel...

> - No windows icons or other copyrighted materials included

Hehehe...

> For a good integration in our web hosting software, I need (these are
> strong specifics to my needs, but I could contribute them if missing):
> - Possibility to restrict usage to a specific folder (owned by the user)
> - easy to integrate in our open source panel that has it's own auth
> - make and extract tar.gz files (otherwise, what's the point?)

ANY ISP do code there OWN stuff...

> Bonuses would be (eg: not required, but would be nice):
> - Not too ugly, easy to re-skin
> - Multiple languages supported using gettext()
> - Support for web specific stuffs like .htaccess, .html (wysiwyg?), .php
> with syntax highlighting, etc.
> - Nice progress bars when uploading big files

How do you want to make a progressbar in the Push-Method?
Do you want to use a Java-Applet or a Flash-Thing?

> Please give me suggestions, and in return, if a web file manager matches
> the above, I'll work on a Debian package that I will maintain, so that
> everyone will be able to use it. I've searched, and didn't find any in
> the archive, I think it's really missing (if anyone spotted one, let me
> know the name of the package).
>
> Thomas

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

<http://www.tamay-dogan.net/>                 Michelle Konzack
<http://www.can4linux.org/>                   Apt. 917
<http://www.flexray4linux.org/>               50, rue de Soultz
Jabber linux4michelle@jabber.ccc.de           67100 Strabourg/France
IRC    #Debian (irc.icq.com)                  Tel. DE: +49 177 9351947
ICQ    #328449886                             Tel. FR: +33  6  61925193