Re: bind9 graphical admin interface

randall wrote:
> Adam McGreggor wrote:
>> On Tue, Apr 01, 2008 at 07:01:29PM +0200, randall wrote:
>>
>>> dear all,
>>>
>>> i have some troubles with my ISP, its a small time ISP who manages
>>> the glassfiber connection for our office building and provides
>>> several services for the tennants. its a Ms shop with a point and
>>> click admin and i must say i' m not really impressed by his
>>> knowledge, not really a problem since i only need the internet
>>> connection and there is little that can go wrong there between me and
>>> the cisco router set up there by a professional provider....accept
>>> for 1 thing.....PTR records...
>>>
>>> his software has a nice button that says do you want to create a PTR
>>> record but its simply not working.
>>>

>> What do dig/nslookup report?
> NXDOMAIN
> unless i dig @his.dns.server -x directly

Hi,

This sounds like there is no upstream referer to his DNS Server. Who
owns the IP range?  Who is your ISPs upstream ISP?

Please contact the person listed as Admin-C when you run
	whois -h -d $IP

Regards,
Achim

--
Achim Dreyer                 || http://www.adreyer.com/
Senior Unix & Network Admin  || RHCE, RHCA, CCNA, CCSA, CCSE