Re: bind9 graphical admin interface

Keith Edmunds wrote:
On Tue, 01 Apr 2008 19:01:29 +0200, randall@songshu.org said:

pretty sure i can set up a working bind for him but what i still need is a nice a click and go front-end so he can manage his zones properly for daily usage.

My advice? Don't get involved. You'll end up being asked more and more
questions about it, and when there are problems they will end up being
your problems. If this person is an ISP and doesn't understand DNS, tell
him to find someone that does. Also, if he prefers to run Microsoft
software, a Linux server simply to run bind probably isn't appropriate -
Windows can run DNS after all, and I'm sure even they can manage to put in
PTR records.

Keith

true, this would be my professional response as well,
but i also happen to like the guy personally, wich changes a few things here and there