Re: bind9 graphical admin interface

A. Dreyer (debian-isp) wrote:
randall wrote:
Adam McGreggor wrote:
On Tue, Apr 01, 2008 at 07:01:29PM +0200, randall wrote:
dear all,

i have some troubles with my ISP, its a small time ISP who manages
the glassfiber connection for our office building and provides
several services for the tennants. its a Ms shop with a point and
click admin and i must say i' m not really impressed by his
knowledge, not really a problem since i only need the internet
connection and there is little that can go wrong there between me and
the cisco router set up there by a professional provider....accept
for 1 thing.....PTR records...

his software has a nice button that says do you want to create a PTR
record but its simply not working.
What do dig/nslookup report?
NXDOMAIN
unless i dig @his.dns.server -x directly

Hi,

This sounds like there is no upstream referer to his DNS Server. Who
owns the IP range?  Who is your ISPs upstream ISP?

Please contact the person listed as Admin-C when you run
	whois -h -d $IP

Regards,
Achim

makes sense, but this was done as far as i'm informed, defenitely worth to check tough.

country:      NL
admin-c:      CNH6-RIPE
tech-c:       CNH6-RIPE
status:       ASSIGNED PA