Re: [OT] Recommendation for a bigger Switch

Hello

Thomas Goirand a écrit (Sun, Feb 17, 2008 at 02:54:05AM +0800) :
> I do as well need some help in purchasing a switch, but mine would be

Perhaps take a look at
http://www.hp.com/rnd/products/switches/ProCurve_Switch_2810_Series/overview.htm
(24 and 48 x 10/100/1000 ports)

> I need to be able to plug something like 40 ethernet ports (2 for each
> servers), and be able to set bandwidth cap on a group of ethernet ports.
> I need the switch to be fully gigabit for at least 1/2 of the ethernet
> ports (the other half will be used only to plug a KVM over LAN port, and
> they can run at 100 Mbits, it doesn't matter). So I think that a 48
> ports switch would do. It also have to be in a 1U case.

If you have another spare U, you could save money by purchasing 2
switchs :

2810-24 24 x 10/100/1000
2626    24 x 10/100

> Of course, price DOES matter, I don't need any other features than the
> one written above. I do not wish to spend thousands in some Cisco product.

You should find those prices in France:

2810-24 ~ 1000 EUR HT
2810-48 ~ 1700 EUR HT
2626    ~  400 EUR HT

Contact me in private if you want more price/resellers details.

HTH,

--
Emmanuel Halbwachs
Resp. Réseau/Sécurité                    Observatoire de Paris-Meudon