Re: alternatives to suexec in etch apache2

On Sun, Feb 17, 2008 at 08:25:17PM -0500, Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 17, 2008 at 11:30:32PM +0100, Marc Haber wrote:
> > On my systems, I have a dedicated apache process per virtual host, and
> > use another apache as reverse proxy to route incoming requests to the
> > correct virtual host. But that, of course, doesn't scale very well,
> > and it not (yet) well supported by the Debian apache2 packages.
> >
> That is the approach I take on my systems.  The manual hacking I have to
> do to make that work is really annoying.  Perhaps future versions of the
> apache2 package will lend themselves more to this approach.

I have filed bugs against apache2 with patches against utility scripts
to better support this. A few of them have been recently applied one
or another way in sid, but not all of them. Things are progressing
slowly, but they're moving.

Greetings
Marc

Nordisch by Nature |  How to make an American Quilt | Fax: *49 3221 2323190