Re: Non-debian tools for fetching DEB packages?

> On Jan 16, Joe Emenaker illuminated :

> You mean... *besides* the fact that I have no physical access to the
> machine and have no way of accessing with the drives *other* than by an
> ssh session into the (currently Fedora) box? No reason, really. :)

have you thought about installing debian to the swap partition?
i've done that in the past for systems that have not had floppies of
CD-ROM drives, when I've had to rebuild them.
http://linuxmafia.com/faq/Debian/installers.html#chroot

./jp
--
Jean-Paul Blaquiere