Non-debian tools for fetching DEB packages?

Okay... it's not really an ISP question, but I didn't want to go join debian-user just to ask this...

I'm going to convert a Fedora box (1and1) to a Debian one using debtakeover. I'm testing the process on a vanilla Fedora install in VMWare and it still has a few glitches.

The one I'm currently working on has to do with the fact that debootstrap (which debtakeover invokes to do most of the work) doesn't grab any of the net-tools or other networking stuff or apt or aptitude. dpkg *is* installed.... but I'm going to need a way to get the DEB's without using apt, etc.

I know that debootstrap allows me to specify additional packages to grab, but it doesn't do any dependency resolution, and the debootstrap man page says that any broken dependencies will cause the process to abort. So, it would be nice if there were a script where I could say something like...

   get-debs aptitude

and it would either go get all of the dependent packages or, at the very least, tell me which additional ones I need to get.

Ideas, anybody?

- Joe