Amavis is not stable under Etch: why?

Hi,

We have been running amavis under Sarge for YEARS (I believe from the
beginning until the end of the life of Sarge). We had no problems at
all, NOT EVEN ONE...

But since we have upgraded nearly all our servers to Etch, we are
experiencing amavis to crash. When I do "ps ax | grep amavis" it's not
running any more, and I have to restart it manually.

Did some of you had the same experience as we had, and is there a fix?
What changed so much to make this package unstable now???

Thomas Goirand

P.S: For those who will ask, it's not a memory issue, some box are not
even swapping and amavis still crashes...