Re: PERSONAL LOAN - KTA

On Sun, 2007-06-17 at 17:13 +0200, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> Am 2007-06-01 22:08:30, schrieb Jim Popovitch:
> > Yes.  I run a system with 1200+ users, that has been online for 7+
> > years, and never once has a spam email gotten through to the list
> > membership.  It is possible to run a public mailinglist that doesn't
> > pass spam through to the membership.
>
> Subscribers only?
>
> You are a dreamer, since I am on 117 Mailinglist currently and
> "php", "postgresql" and others ARE subscriber only and I get per
> month 2-10 Spams over the lists.  100% Spam-Free does NOT EXIST.

Michelle,

I'm not going to grace you or the list with multiple replies to your
multiple posts... but I am going to say this:  Your vantage point may
not be the same as some others vantage point, and your data may not be
complete as others.   There was a time when people adamantly argued that
the world was flat.  Don't be like those people.

In my opinion anything more than 0% still leaves room for _effort_,
after all would you be willing to accept some percentage of security
holes in Debian?   Especially when the _effort_ (flipping the switch to
subscribers only, and utilizing SPF and DK/IM to help validate posters)
isn't that complicated to implement.

So, it comes down to this:   It's not a technical problem... it's a
policy problem.

-Jim P.