Re: PERSONAL LOAN - KTA

Am 2007-06-02 13:33:55, schrieb Rejo Zenger:
> I am not sure which mailinglist software is currently being used to run
> this mailinglist, I haven't even tried to figure out. However, most of
> the software, like mailman, allows to configure it to only post messages
> send to the list that are sent by subscribers - and dropping or handing
> over to the moderator the messages that are sent by non-subscribers.
>
> Using this setting would help quite a lot. The "negative" side-effect of
> this is that non-subscribers are no longer able to messages to the list
> or not without the approval of a moderator. I don't think it is a big
> problem (requiring subscribtion requires people to read a bit more about
> the list and maybe it's FAQ).

It does not help, since some Lists are Hight-Traffic and if someone
like to ask only one thing, she/he hast ro receive severl 100 useless
messages in the time, where she/he is waiting for an answer.

Some peoples have only access to mailaccounts of 5 or 8 MByte which
cannot handel some Super-high-traffic-Mailinglists...

I had to setup my Mailaccount to 2500 MByte to handel this traffic if
I must go to hospital, holidays or such without missing some messages.

(I get per day between 15 and 40 MByte of messages)

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSN LinuxMichi
0033/6/61925193    67100 Strasbourg/France   IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)