Re: PERSONAL LOAN - KTA

[I am subscribed to debian-isp only, this message is a followup to a
message that has been crossposted to security as well.]

++ 01/06/07 20:11 -0400 - Jim Popovitch:
>> Hey, I thought they caught the spam king and we weren't going to get any
>> more of this... :P
[...]
>through to the mailinglists, so it is a fixable problem.  If anyone
>wants help fixing it, please let me know.
[...]

I am not sure which mailinglist software is currently being used to run
this mailinglist, I haven't even tried to figure out. However, most of
the software, like mailman, allows to configure it to only post messages
send to the list that are sent by subscribers - and dropping or handing
over to the moderator the messages that are sent by non-subscribers.

Using this setting would help quite a lot. The "negative" side-effect of
this is that non-subscribers are no longer able to messages to the list
or not without the approval of a moderator. I don't think it is a big
problem (requiring subscribtion requires people to read a bit more about
the list and maybe it's FAQ).

--
Rejo Zenger <rejo@zenger.nl> https://rejo.zenger.nl