Re: PERSONAL LOAN - KTA

++ 03/06/07 00:12 +0200 - Matus UHLAR - fantomas:
>> I am not sure which mailinglist software is currently being used to run
>> this mailinglist, I haven't even tried to figure out. However, most of
>> the software, like mailman, allows to configure it to only post messages
>> send to the list that are sent by subscribers - and dropping or handing
>> over to the moderator the messages that are sent by non-subscribers.
>
>This spammer _was_ subscribed to the list (and this is not the first time I
>saw spammer subscribe to send spam). You can check for LDOSUBSCRIBER in
>X-Spam-* headers to verity. So even disabling posts from non-subscribers
>wouldn't help in this case.

That would be interesting. Just to be sure, what header are you pointing
at? The first spam of the last series does not have a header with a
thing like LDOSUBSCRIBER in it (or it is filtered by my MTA).

>Since this issue has been brought many times, I don't want to explain why
>debian lists are open to non-subscribers.

I don't mind. I just suggested a solution (a non-solution :)) for a
problem that was brought up by others.

--
Rejo Zenger <rejo@zenger.nl> https://rejo.zenger.nl