Re: PHP mail spam

Hello,

Wednesday, May 23, 2007, 13:27:29, Thomas Goirand wrote:

>>   I've seen *countless* problems with our customers using dotdeb
>>  packages (on Sarge).  Mostly relating to MySQL + PHP4/5 upgrades.
>>  Not all the packages were available or matched, so installing things
>>  like php4-gd would get people in a real mess.
>>
>> Steve

> Yes, me too. I will never tell somebody to use these *bad* packages.
> Thomas

  I don't know why I haven't got any problems (one box was originally
  woody upgraded to sarge, others were sarge from the beginning). I
  just replaced all original sarge php packages with those from
  dotdeb. I have also mysql-client from dotdeb. I didn't get any issue
  on upgrades... Also upgrading one machine from sarge to etch went
  without problems, the same php packages were available from dotdeb
  for both sarge & etch. I just checked and I don't have anything from
  dotdeb besides all php4*, php-pear, libapache-mod-php4,
  libmysqlclient and mysql-common, mysql-client. Maybe problems arises
  when someone tries to use dotdeb's php extensions with original
  sarge php...

--
  bYE, Marki