Re: PHP mail spam

On Tue May 22, 2007 at 15:39:15 +0200, Marek Podmaka wrote:

> > Unfortunately, there is no package for debian sarge, but it is worth to
> > compile it.
>
> There are packages for example on www.dotdeb.org. It has packages for
> both php4 & php5 (with suhosin) which are built for sarge & etch. I am
> using php from dotdeb for more than a year on production systems
> without any problems.

  I've seen *countless* problems with our customers using dotdeb
 packages (on Sarge).  Mostly relating to MySQL + PHP4/5 upgrades.
 Not all the packages were available or matched, so installing things
 like php4-gd would get people in a real mess.

Steve
--
Debian GNU/Linux System Administration
http://www.debian-administration.org/