Sybase SQL anywhere v10 on Debian?

Hi folks

For a closed source business application a customers needs Sybase
SQL anywhere installed, no way around it. Unfortunatelly Sybase does
only support Redhat and Suse.
The docs are pretty useless, to say the least. They describe tools
not existing, most stuff is Windows based, sample DBs are missing
etc. If circumstances would allow I'd just send it back as plain
broken and go for something professional...

After fiddling around for hours I still cannot start the DB engine.
Has anyone had success installing SQL anywhere 10 on Debian?

TIA for any hints whatsoever!

Norbert