Re: Suggestions wanted for

On Thu, Mar 08, 2007 at 11:05:35PM +1100, Craig Sanders wrote:
> i know that Nvidia chipset SATA controllers ("nv" driver) and Maxtor
> drives don't get along. i've got a pair of Maxtors myself (for a raid-1
> array) and ran into the problem last year.

i should have mentioned what the problem was - it was fs corruption
similar to what you describe. fortunately, i tested the new raid array
before trusting my data to it. tried lots of thing (different fs, raid
and no raid) before a google search gave me a clue what the problem was.

craig

--
craig sanders <cas@taz.net.au>

Then there was LSD, which was supposed to make you think you could fly.
I remember it made you think you couldn't stand up, and mostly it was right.
		-- P. J. O'Rourke