Re: Debian Production Server Modem Query

Am 2007-02-16 15:46:31, schrieb Julian De Marchi:
> Hi All,
>
> Unsure of what subject to put this email as, so sorry fro the general
> subject heading. What I am after is a monitoring system that utilizes a
> modem connected via a serial connection, that on any certain error will dail
> a mobile or land line phone to advise the sysadmin that a serious problem
> has occurred. I have not herd of this before, and i can not Google anything,
> due to my lack of knowledge knowing the technical terms to search for.
>
> Has anyone successfully had their debian server dial a "phone" and play a
> message when for example, the internet drops out, or a raid fails? Any
> information that will point me in the right direction would be helpful?
>
> ( I have monitoring systems in place and they email me if a problem occurs,
> but will be pointless if the internet connection goes down, no remote
> monitoring as of yet.)

    apt-get install smstools

and then RTFM plus Happy Scripting

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi
0033/6/61925193    67100 Strasbourg/France   IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)