Re: windows dynamic storage

On 2/27/07, Tim Warnock <timoid@getonit.net.au> wrote:
From: Wojciech Ziniewicz [mailto:wojciech.ziniewicz@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 28 February 2007 08:36
To: Debian Isp
Subject: Re: windows dynamic storage

> thx.. after long research - what you say is what we will probably do..
> we will use cygwin on the windows server so it will run rsync daemon.
> what is rather pesimistic is that copying big files through even 1gbit
> uplink with cygwin (that resides on windows ;/) is v. complicated to
> rely on ;)
> regardz.
>

> --
> Wojciech Ziniewicz

you can use volume shadow copy in xp and 2003 to create filesystem
level snapshots manually with a few tools.  then you can rsync the
snapshot contents.

http://blogs.msdn.com/adioltean/archive/2005/01/20/357836.aspx
http://blogs.msdn.com/adioltean/archive/2006/09/18/761515.aspx

cygwin apps (rsync, openssh, other goodies to make life with windows a
little more bearable):
http://www.itefix.no/phpws/index.php?module=pagemaster&PAGE_user_op=view_page&PAGE_id=6&MMN_position=150:150

--
Noah Dain
"The beatings will continue, until moral improves" - the Management