Re: More sorbs blacklisting [signed]

John Kelly wrote:
On Mon, 19 Jun 2006 20:06:04 +1000, "Charles Chambers [c]"
<cchamb2@qwest.net> wrote:

my settings on SpamPal protecting my personal mail account are set to
block according to *all* available blacklist sources ... my spam folder
is fewer than a dozen pieces a week.

More than five is a bad week for me.  I use:

1) strict DNS checks (matching forward/reverse)

I understand that checking for the existence of a reverse mapping may be a clever thing, but the reason for forward/reverse matching is not obvious to me: Imagine a user who only has one public IP at his "all-in-one" mail-web-server. His reverse is www.mydomain.tld to make people with traceroute happy, but his mx is mx1.mydomain.tld. To get through your spamfilter, the reverse has to be changed to mx1.mydomain.tld - that looks not nice in the traceroute ...

rgds,
Andreas