Re: More sorbs blacklisting

Michael Loftis wrote:

> --On June 19, 2006 9:28:06 PM +0100 John Kelly <jak@isp2dial.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 06:32:54 +1000, "Mitch Sanders"
>> <sindows@sindows.net> wrote:
>>
>>> I am having issues with SORBS as welll.
>>
>>> It has blocked my mail domain as it thinks I have a Dynamic IP
>>
>> sindows.net forward resolves to 205.209.106.102. but 205.209.106.102
>> does not reverse resolve to sindows.net; you have no reverse dns.
>>
>> That alone is enough to get your mail blocked nowadays.

Since we are talking bad blacklisting... we just got blacklisted by
Spamhaus because they felt as if the people providing us our upstream
connection weren't dealing with the spammers on their network to their
satisfaction. This meant a overly-broad block which included our class C
(they blocked a /20), even though we demonstrated to them that we do not
have a problem and actually have spam policies that we act aggressively
to enforce. Fortunately, this has been resolved, but I am surprised that
Spamhaus doesn't mind taking on some collateral damage.

micah