Re: More sorbs blacklisting

On Mon, 19 Jun 2006 15:42:40 -0600, Michael Loftis
<mloftis@modwest.com> wrote:

>I'll second that.  We've taken to 4XX (tempfail) on unknown client during
>the day when our mail loads are high.

I also check matching forward/reverse DNS.  That stops even more.

>I can't leave it on all day because too many clueless net/mail admins
>sending legitimate mail (20-30% i estimate) also don't have valid rDNS.

I never turn it off.  I'll gladly sacrifice 20% of "legit" mail to
stop 99.5% of all SPAM.  With my DNS checks, and five blacklists, it's
working very well.

Why worry about missing "legit" mail?  I already get more than I need
anyway.

If everybody would get tough, like me, the clueless admins might get a
clue.

:-D