Re: spf record

Andy Smith wrote:
On Fri, Jan 20, 2006 at 04:55:25PM -0800, Joe Emenaker wrote:
Juha-Matti Tapio wrote:
For example I would be really surprised to ever see actually
effective SPF-records on debian.org.
Why?
Because there are large numbers of people with debian.org addresses
who would have to use debian.org infrastructure to send mail with
them, if they wanted them to pass strict SPF checks.
I don't see this presenting a huge burden on the actual users, since mailers like Thunderbird let you specify different outgoing SMTP servers depending upon the "From:" identity you're using.

I don't see it presenting a huge burden on the servers, since mail from individual Debian maintainers/admins surely pales in comparison to the traffic on the mailing lists (that the servers are already handling)

I don't see it presenting a huge burden on the server administrators, since they can automate the process of adding/removing SMTP accounts as much as they've automated other tasks when someone becomes a maintainer (or otherwise gets a debian.org identity).

- Joe