Re: Dual Interface Routing Question

On Thu, Dec 21, 2006 at 07:35:34AM -0800, Ritesh Raj Sarraf wrote:
> > You can either do it in post-up section of /etc/network/interfaces, or
> > (more elegant sollution IMHO) in /etc/network/ip-up.d. You'd have to
> > read the IP from interface and set up the routing accordingly.
> > (remember that dhclient will probably have set a default route already)
> So will I have to setup the routes manually ?

Probably yes. Unfortunately I already deleted you first mail, so I don't
remember how did you want to set up the routing.

> I mean delete the default route setup by dhcp or any other process and
> add my own rules. I'm not sure if the default applications (ifupdown
> comes to my mind) do it.

ifupdown uses the scripts in /etc/network, so I would choose
/etc/network/ip-up.d to run additional commands after interface
initialization and after the interface got its IP from DHCP server.
(the script gets IP as one of the parameters IIRC).

--
\.\.\.\.\.\.\.\.\.\.\.\.\.\ 2400  baud  sucks.   Huh-huh  huh. - V.Bis &
.\.Kruk@epsilon.eu.org.\.\. Baudhead