Re: Dual Interface Routing Question

On Thu, Dec 21, 2006 at 07:35:34AM -0800, Ritesh Raj Sarraf wrote:
> > You can either do it in post-up section of /etc/network/interfaces, or
> > (more elegant sollution IMHO) in /etc/network/ip-up.d. You'd have to
> > read the IP from interface and set up the routing accordingly.
> > (remember that dhclient will probably have set a default route already)
> So will I have to setup the routes manually ?

Probably yes. Unfortunately I already deleted you first mail, so I don't
remember how did you want to set up the routing.

> I mean delete the default route setup by dhcp or any other process and
> add my own rules. I'm not sure if the default applications (ifupdown
> comes to my mind) do it.

ifupdown uses the scripts in /etc/network, so I would choose
/etc/network/ip-up.d to run additional commands after interface
initialization and after the interface got its IP from DHCP server.
(the script gets IP as one of the parameters IIRC).

\.\.\.\.\.\.\.\.\.\.\.\.\.\ 2400  baud  sucks.   Huh-huh  huh. - V.Bis &
.\.Kruk@epsilon.eu.org.\.\. Baudhead