Re: Dual Interface Routing Question

On czw, 2006-12-21 at 19:51 +0530, Ritesh Raj Sarraf wrote:
> I'm currently looking at:
> http://lartc.org/howto/lartc.rpdb.multiple-links.html
> and it looks like the way to follow. But this example is assuming static IP
> addresses, I guess.
>
> One option I see is to take out the IP addresses for eth0 and eth1 when they get
> it from the dhcp server and then follow the above doc to setup the routing.
>
> Just wanted to confirm:
> a) I'm using debian which uses ifupdown. Will setting the routing tables be used
> or the ifupdown scripts use their own routing tables.
> b) Has anyone tried similar solution or has any simpler way of doing this.

You can either do it in post-up section of /etc/network/interfaces, or
(more elegant sollution IMHO) in /etc/network/ip-up.d. You'd have to
read the IP from interface and set up the routing accordingly.
(remember that dhclient will probably have set a default route already)

--
/\-\/\-\/\-\/\-\/\-\/\-\/\ Dana Scully of Borg: You don't REALLY belie-
\  Kruk@epsilon.eu.org   / ve in assimilation do you?