Dual Interface Routing Question

Hi,

I have two interfaces, eth0 and eth1

Both are configured in dhcp mode and both connect to the internet.

I also have enabled a tap0 interface which I use to allow my Virtual Machines to
talk through.

I'm trying to figure out a solution where by I can nat eth0 and configure the
routing table to allow all traffic from tap0 to pass through eth0 and the rest
of the traffic to pass through eth1.

I'm currently looking at:
http://lartc.org/howto/lartc.rpdb.multiple-links.html
and it looks like the way to follow. But this example is assuming static IP
addresses, I guess.

One option I see is to take out the IP addresses for eth0 and eth1 when they get
it from the dhcp server and then follow the above doc to setup the routing.

Just wanted to confirm:
a) I'm using debian which uses ifupdown. Will setting the routing tables be used
or the ifupdown scripts use their own routing tables.
b) Has anyone tried similar solution or has any simpler way of doing this.

Thanks,
Ritesh
--
Ritesh Raj Sarraf