Re: Hosting control panel

Thomas Goirand wrote:
Anoop Alias wrote:
I have a major concern .(i am not sure of this!).I think dtc's apache is
trying to write the log  to a mysql database. Will it slow the machine
down for high traffic sites as for every hit it is recieving it has to
create a mysql conenction

I forgot to say one thing. There is not a connection on each hit,
connections are made each time an apache process is spawn. So if you
have a well configured apache, it wont spawn processes all the time, and
wont make new connections very often. And AFAIK (correct me if I'm
wrong), a new apache process takes quite some time compared to
establishing a new SQL connection, so it's not that bad.

Thomas

I've been using ISPConfig for about a year and overall have been very happy with it. Normally we use commercial panels such as Plesk or CPanel and while they are more polished (plesk especially) its not often I've found myself wanting for functionality.

Performance wise the panel doesn't seem to make a huge impact on the overall system and by staying up with their regular releases we have had no security issues to date.

As someone else mentioned there is a great walk through here http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect_setup_debian_sarge and as long as you have a basic idea of how to install Apache2, Postfix, etc its totally painless.

--
Regards,

Darryl Ware