Re: Strange bind/sendmail issue

Dan MacNeil said at 28/09/2006 15:15:

> We use wildcard dns because we have a few hundred personal websites:
>
>     joe.thecsl.org betty.thecsl.org etc.
>
> We were too lazy to add a DNS record for each person and too lame to
> script it.

One easy way to fix this and remain lazy is to put the website on a subdomain like joe.people.thecsl.org then you can have *.people.thecsl.org. If you have only websites on these domains, do a rewrite rule in Apache to send *.thecsl.org to *.people.thecsl.org. Everything else should be trivial (like MX records, etc.).

Ronny
--
Ronny Adsetts
Technical Director