Anyone implemented "one-time" email addresses?

I was wondering if anyone has implemented something like the following:

Supposed I have an email address: bill@domain.com

I want to be able to append something arbitrary to the end of the username, like so...

  bill-1@domain.com
  bill-2@domain.com
  bill-newyorktimes@domain.com
  etc.

and have them treated in this particular way:

Each of these addresses would deliver to bill@domain.com's real mailbox the FIRST time they were ever seen, and then for some fixed number of messages and/or time limit after that. For example, the first five could get through, or any that arrive within 2 days of the first one, etc. All messages to that address after that would get tossed in some other folder or deleted outright. *Additionally*, it would be nice to maintain a count of the messages that have arrived for each address.

The purpose is probably obvious. I want throw-away addresses to use for registering at websites. I know Mailinator does this, but I don't want to go fetch them like that... and I *also* would love to have some metrics of how much extra mail I get from various websites. For example, if I register at youtube with bill-youtube@domain.com, and I later discover that a few hundred messages have come in for that address, well... then we'd know that they sell their addresses to lots of people. I'm not sure what *good* that information does me, but it would be nice to know.

And it doesn't have to be a hyphen for the separator, but I know that a couple of the popular MTA's use the hyphen for purposes similar to this... so it might be the path of least resistance.

Anybody implemented something like that?

- Joe