Re: NEVER USE SORBS

On Fri, Jul 28, 2006 at 01:12:16PM +0200, Marek Podmaka wrote:
> > > it's their list. they can have whatever criteria they like for it,
> > > and you have no say in it at all. if other people agree with or at
> > > least accept their criteria as being reasonable then they will use
> > > the list to either block or tag mail. again, you have no say in
> > > that at all either.
>
> Yes, they can have whatever list they want and whoever can use it if
> he wants to. But - if they claim they list dynamic IPs,they should
> be able to prove that they are dynamic. It's like assuming I am the
> murderer because of where I live, what colour I am, how do I dress and
> so on...

you can whinge and bitch and moan all you like, and it aint going to
change a thing. ever. SORBS DUL lists dynamic IP addresses based on the
best evidence available. people are going to use SORBS DUL even in spite
of the occasional mistake. that's because the thousands - even millions
- of spams and viruses that you can block using it far outweigh the tiny
handful of legitimate mail that *might* come from dynamic address space.
the amount of legitimate mail from dynamic addresses is negligible, a
drop in the ocean, not even the faintest signal lost in all the noise.

in short: DULs are a fact of life. they're not going to go away because
you (or anyone else) don't like them. deal with it.

craig

--
craig sanders <cas@taz.net.au>           (part time cyborg)