Re: NEVER USE SORBS

On 27.07.06 22:10, CaT wrote:
> I think you're confusing dynamic IPs with your desire to deny people
> behind them the ability to send mail out of servers running behind them.
> There is nothing about a dynamic IP that makes outgoing mail unreliable,
> the peculiar attitude of some people aside.

There is ont thing that makes spam detection of mail coming from dynamic IP
address less reliable. Static address can be listed in any BL list, and
independantly on use of that list (for scoring or filtering), this can not
be done with dynamic IP addresses.

So, because of this reason, many admins decided to refuse e-mail from remote
dial-up addresses, using SORBS DUHL, NJABL DYNABLOCK, MAP DUL or whatever.

All of them are just and only lists, evidences of dynamically assigned
addresses. They do not indicate mail received from them is spam.
However people use to block mail from them and it gives them very high
success rate in spam hunting.

Save the whales. Collect the whole set.