Re: NEVER USE SORBS

On Tuesday 25 July 2006 19:43, Shane Chrisp wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-07-25 at 22:32 -0400, John Kelly wrote:

> > > Thats your choice of course. Just as is thier choice not to delist if
> > > your not prepared to do what is asked.
> >
> > Any fool can ask for anything.  That doesn't mean it's reasonable or
> > wise.
>
> I find it amazing that those who have problems are generally those who
> thinks the world of 'privately owned, connected networks' owes them
> something. SORBS is doing something some like and use and others dont
> like and dont use. They are not forcing anything upon anyone, the mail
> admins do so at thier own choice.

Want to have your mail discarded everytime you drop your TTLs for a
renumber?  Didn't think so.

SORBS can live in its own little world of insane values if it wishes.

However, the Internet is a cooperative effort.  I've learnt a lot
from other engineers and I figure some have maybe learned a bit from
me too.  It is important that responsible ISPs with information about
SORBS help to educate responsible ISPs who may assume SORBS is a
useful tool like other RBLs.

At times when we've been listed by SORBS we've encountered a problem
with ISPs using SORBS.  But not often - maybe once per month.  There
can't be very many SORBS users left.  A SORBS listing is certainly
annoying but it's not fatal.

Friends don't let friends use SORBS.

--Mike Bird