Re: NEVER USE SORBS

Shane Chrisp wrote:
I find it amazing that those who have problems are generally those who
thinks the world of 'privately owned, connected networks' owes them
something. SORBS is doing something some like and use and others dont
like and dont use. They are not forcing anything upon anyone, the mail
admins do so at thier own choice.

It is those mail admins that YOU often have no control over.

Here in Australia I have found that Optus and Westnet at least use SORBS [or they did so recently]; I am not sure if either of these has dropped the use of SORBS, but it was a hassle to deal with.

A thired ISP went in to bat for me and had my STATIC IP delisted only to have it relisted days later. I took the easy path and added an rDNS, but this has only become necessary after nearly 3 years of running my mail server and only due to SORBS.

More people would benefit if domain owners ensured that they had valid SPF checking, although that isn't perfect either, but it is better than using SORBS.

Kind Regards

AndrewM

Andrew McGlashan
Broadband Solutions now including VoIP 1300 85 3804

Mobile: 04 2574 1827 Fax: 03 8790 1224

Affinity Vision Australia Pty Ltd
www.affinityvision.com.au
www.affinityvision.net/adsl/