RE: NEVER USE SORBS

> Want to have your mail discarded everytime you drop your TTLs
> for a renumber?  Didn't think so.
While SORBS is an evil, evil organisation, I should say that merely having a
low TTL is not cause for being listed in SORBS.  The high-TTL requirement is
only to get delisted, so you can't just temporarily comply with DNS changes
with a TTL of 1 minute...

Like others, however, my experience with SORBS has been absolutely horrid.

- Website problems (500 errors) while attempt to de-list  (fully automated?
Pull the other one)
- SORBS trying to extort money out of people by getting them to donate to a
3rd party charity for delisting
- Response times - tickets that take weeks to resolve

Fact is, while people may make the argument that no one "forces" SORBS on
us, other services force us to comply to SORBS because their Network Admins
are silly enough to use an RBL that is in no way accurate.

If you want to use RBLs, sure, do so, but don't put 100% weighting on SORBS
- it's mis-managed.  Google 'sorbs sucks' for a heap of other people's
gripes with it.

Cheers,

~Rhett