Re: NEVER USE SORBS

On Tue, Jul 25, 2006 at 08:04:40PM -0700, Mike Bird wrote:
> On Tuesday 25 July 2006 19:43, Shane Chrisp wrote:
> > On Tue, 2006-07-25 at 22:32 -0400, John Kelly wrote:

> > > Any fool can ask for anything.  That doesn't mean it's reasonable or
> > > wise.
> >
> > I find it amazing that those who have problems are generally those who
> > thinks the world of 'privately owned, connected networks' owes them
> > something. SORBS is doing something some like and use and others dont
> > like and dont use. They are not forcing anything upon anyone, the mail
> > admins do so at thier own choice.
>
> Want to have your mail discarded everytime you drop your TTLs for a
> renumber?  Didn't think so.

that's bullshit.  SORBS don't go hunting for low TTLs - they only check
TTL when they are deciding whether to delist an IP or not. i.e. it is a
delisting criterion, NOT a listing criterion.

but facts aren't very popular with you anti-SORBS whiners, are they?

here's a free clue for you: being pissed off doesn't entitle you to make
up whatever bullshit you think will justify your anger.

craig

--
craig sanders <cas@taz.net.au>           (part time cyborg)