Re: More sorbs blacklisting

On Mon, 10 Jul 2006, Anders Breindahl wrote:

SPF is good for preventing sender domain forgery, but spammers can
just setup real domains and SPF records to abuse what you suggest.

Yes, of course. That takes the punch out of my idea. Thanks for
correcting me.

Then the spammer's domain will end up on a right-hand-side  blocklist.
(A list of spamming domains) and easily blocked.

So far, All the SPAM that passes SPF that I have received has been relayed thru a free mail service like HotMail or MSN with the correct (non-forged) email address. A spam complaint to the abuse administrator will quickly take care of these.

Microsoft's free mail domains have SPF records.

Most of my spam is relayed thru  Debian's mailling lists.

On a side note, one of my static IP's is now listed on SORBS DUHL.

So far, I've only encounted one ISP blocking my mail.  (An ISP I have
an ASP site on)  I'm working with their support to stop using SORBS DUHL.
I discovered this because a site user there had problems getting mail from Google Groups so I sent them a test mail. It was rejected because I'm now listed as a dynamic IP by SORBS.

I've thought of two ways to fight SORBS.

One.  Complain to SORBS upstream ISPs for violating their abuse policies.
Two. Form a rbl blacklist of domains that use SORBS DUHL and not accept mail from them.

A Reciprocity failure.

Why blame linux admins with static IPs for the failures of Microsoft's software and Matthew Sullivan?

Thanks,
Steve