iSCSI for hosted environments?

Hi all,

We are about to purchase an iSCSI array (Intel) to centralize the storage requirements we have.

Initially we only wanted to use it less io intensive activities like archiving and low-volume applications. But more and more we are thinking about also running more intensive applications of it like IMAP and MySQL. Altough here I have worries about performance. Ideally it would be great if we could combine it with the advantages of system virtualisation (xen).

Do you have thoughts and/or considerations on this? Or any experiences?

Thanks,

Frederik.