Qmail clustering

Hello,

Just a quickie, with expansion in mind for providing mail for 500,000
users, what systems would you advise for clustering qmail Maildirs.
(These users may be virtual domains or users within the virtual domains
themselves).

The system which I would like, in an ideal world would be mirroring of
the file system where maildirs are stored over the network, where the
courier-imap process balance where it reads the maildir from, otherwise
courier could clog the system with many read/writes from users.

Has anyone tried anything like this before with
afs/coda/intermezzo/pvfs? I have looked at DRBD, but this doesn't seem
to offer load balancing, at least that I can see.

--
Regards,
Ed