Re: apache ssl and php

On Tue, Feb 14, 2006 at 11:19:17AM -0500, Scott Mohnkern wrote:
> I'm working for the 1st time with apache-ssl and php, and am
> encountering a problem.
>
> Whenever I open a file with an extension of "php" (i.e.
> https://www.mydomain.com/filename.php) the browser is asking if I want
> to save or open it, rather than process it.

make sure trhat the mime types for .php files are set correctly in
apache-ssl configuration. cut and paste the appropriate AddMimeType
lines from the plain apache config. but see below for a better solution.

> I'm not seeing this with standard http:// calls.
>
> I checked mime.types and php is there in /etc/apache-ssl
>
> Any ideas?

use libapache-mod-ssl rather than apache-ssl.

it has a number of advantages:

 - it's better
 - the documentation is excellent
 - it's more flexible in what you can do with it
 - you dont need to have separate installations for apache and
   apache-ssl (and thus dont need to keep the configurations in sync).

craig

--
craig sanders <cas@taz.net.au>           (part time cyborg)