NFS and quota support

Hi all,
i've just mounted a nfs fs from a backend fileserver on a FTP/FTP+TLS
frontend server.
Now I need to set up the quotas: I thought that compile the quota
software with the RPC support is a bad idea, so I decided to enable the
quota on the fileserver and to add the same users with identical UID/GID
both on the NFS client and the NFS server.
Now I test this configuration but it doesn't work: in fact the update of
the quotas in not automatic and i have to force it with `quotacheck  -b
-v -f -a -m`

Any ideas?
Alternatively what do you suggest in order to resolve the problem?
--
                                          | .' ' `.
Andrea Berardi aka Syneus                 | : :'  :   Debian User
                                          | `. `'`
                                          |   `-
Linux Registered User #395193             | Debian GNU/Linux
http://counter.li.org/                    | http://www.debian.org